Following a period of rapid growth and innovation, the China internet sector has entered a new phase of development with both push and pull factors driving internet companies to evolve.
Tightening regulation, increasingly saturated domestic market with changing demographics and geopolitical tensions are influencing companies to look outside their established markets, pivot business models, focus on new customer segments, and adapt to shifting dynamics to remain competitive and capture funding opportunities.
China Internet at a Glance
Top Cross Sector Trends for 2021
- Tightening Regulations on Multiple Fronts
- Bumpy Road Ahead for Chinese Tech IPOs
- Changing Overseas Expansion Plans amid Geopolitical Tensions
- Shifting Demographics Highlighting Underserved Internet User Segments
- Growing Focus on Private-domain Traffic