- RE-ITERATE BUY Entry 33.0 – Target – 34.5 Stop Loss – 32.3
- DBS Group Holdings Limited and its subsidiaries provide a variety of financial services. The company offers mortgage financing, lease and hire purchase financing, nominee and trustee, funds management, corporate advisory and brokerage services. DBS Group also is the primary dealer of Singapore government securities. DBS Bank Ltd operates as a bank offering wealth management, personal, and business banking services. DBS Bank serves customers worldwide.
- Housing loan rate adjustments. After the recent rate hike from the United States Federal Reserve, DBS announced that it would temporarily cease its fixed-rate home loans as the loan rates on these packages are being reviewed. The bank however continues to offer floating rate packages which are pegged to the SORA. By putting a pause on fixed-rate home loan packages in this volatile interest rate market, they are mitigating their risks and passing them on to their borrowers.
- Benefiting from higher Interest rates. With the constant rise in interest rates, DBS will be able to increase its margins when lending money to borrowers. Additionally, by taking advantage of the difference between the interest paid out to lenders and the interest earned from short-term investments, their profits will grow.
- Expansion of services. With the rapid boom of the cryptocurrency sector and the surge in the volume of crypto transactions carried out on its members-only platform, DBS recently expanded access to its crypto trading services. It announced the roll-out of self-directed crypto trading on DBS digibank, enabling 100,000 of the bank’s wealth clients who are accredited investors to trade cryptocurrencies on the DBS Digital Exchange (DDEx) at their convenience. These clients will be able to trade four cryptocurrencies – Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ether and Ripple – on DDEx with a minimum investment of S$500.
- The updated market consensus of the EPS growth in FY22/23 is 15.2%/18.7% YoY, respectively, translating to 11.1×/9.4x forward PE. The current PER is 12.8x. Bloomberg consensus average 12-month target price is S$39.31.